A dedicated, results driven IT professional with 20+ years’ experience delivering solutions in both Management and Technical roles. Proven talents in motivating, leading and building multi-disciplinary teams to develop creative, customer focused solutions.
- Coordinated a team responsible for establishing, building and maintaining a flexible, long-term sustainable hybrid infrastructure utilizing multiple on-prem and AWS technologies.
- Oversee costs by utilizing KPI’s to manage growth where possible, forecast and plan for growth where necessary while ensuring infrastructure stability and customer satisfaction.
- Consolidate infrastructure toolset by reviewing use cases and overlap to simplify monitoring and reporting while increasing the percentage of valid alerts and reducing spam.
Collaborate with multiple development teams to identify candidate applications and coordinate migration from on-prem to AWS.
- Responsible vendor relations as well as managing infrastructure OpEx and CapEx budgets utilized to grow, maintain and modernize PAC’s hybrid environment
- Research, evaluate and recommend new solutions and technologies to better manage our global environment while lowering support and management costs.
- Implement solutions across a global network while ensuring redundancy, resiliency and supportability while maintaining best practices.
- Review and document existing system architecture, recommend improvements and participate in engineering reviews to determine how to best allocate resources.
- Partner with internal development teams to define infrastructure requirements based on development needs, production capacity and customer requirements
- Managed a cross-functional team of application engineers to support a growing portfolio of home-grown LAMP stack as well as off-the-shelf applications.
- Ensure developer access needs were met while maintaining strict security protocols.
- Utilized Spacewalk, Satellite, Puppet and to to ensure that the application infrastructure was continuously and fully patched.
- Maintained multiple monitoring solutions ensuring that generated alerts were valid and actionable as well as building an application catalog / wiki to enhance supportability.
- Lateral move from an internal IT group to be part of a new customer facing IT group supporting airline customer applications.
- Designed and built traditional three-tiered architecture utilizing VMWare hosts, Cisco network gear and NetApp filers.
- Supported all facets of infrastructure, application and networking while working with internal development teams.
- Monitored growth and provided forecasts and recommendations to management in order to properly manage yearly budgets.
- Managed a growing Microsoft infrastructure including Exchange and file shares needed to support internal and external users.
- Installed and configured the first ESX servers in PAC and migrated workloads transparently with no impact to internal or external customers.
- Grow and manage the ESX infrastructure including implementing first shared storage (NAS), perform P2V’s and virtualize 90% of the environment.
Apart from being a tech guy, I enjoy most of my time being outdoors. My wife and I spend time hiking and (prior to COVID-19) working out at the gym.
I am enjoy cooking, and I spend a large amount of my free time exploring and training on the latest technolgy advancements in infrastructure.